Parent Resident Visa – Re-opening Feb 2020
Just in and what most people have been waiting for, is the re-opening of the Parent Resident Visa Category.
There will be changes to the current requirements and EOI’s (Expression of Interest) will only be accepted once the category opens with selection starting in May 2020.
To be an eligible sponsor, you must hold a resident visa for at least three years [ or be a citizen].
The category is also capped at 1000.
|Single Sponsor||Current Requirement||New Income Threshold|
|1 parent||NZD $65,000||NZD $106,080||Twice the median salary|
|2 parents||NZD $65,000||NZD $159,120||Three times the median salary|
|Sponsor and Partner||Current Requirement||New Income Threshold|
|1 parent (joint income)||NZD $90,000||NZD $159,120||Three times the median salary|
|2 parents (joint income)||NZD $90,000||NZD $212,160||Four times the median salary|
|Guaranteed lifetime income of 1 applicant or a couple||NZD $28,166 or NZD $41,494||NOT required|
|Settlement funds||NZD $500,000||Not available in the new category|
- Remuneration threshold changes for Skilled Migrant Category and Essential Skills Work Visa Holders – effective 26 November 2018
- Post-study work rights for international students – effective 26 November 2018
- New Immigration New Zealand Visa Fees – effective 5 November 2018
- Minimum Income Threshold changes to Samoan quota scheme, Essential skills and Religious workers, and Tier One Parent Category – 31 May 2018
- Seasonal Labour Shortage – Bay of Plenty – 7 May 2018
- 3 Day Processing for Indian Visitor Visas – 3 May 2018
- Remuneration Threshold – Changes to the Skilled Migrant and Essential Skills policy – effective 15 January 2018
- Part 2 – Tom and Sophia’s Journey
- Essential Skills in Demand List – Effective February 2018
If you have concerns on your current work visa status or would like to talk to us about your pathway to residence, feel free to contact us.