A great start to the year for this family of six. We are so excited you have achieved your dreams and choosing us to be part of it.
After receiving a remuneration increase and meeting the priority processing criteria, the application was escalated to Immigration New Zealand. The timeline from escalation to the grant of residence was 2.5 months.
We provided all supporting documentation to Immigration New Zealand to pre-empt any delays. The applicant has two adult children where one is onshore on a general visitor visa [due to expire] and the other offshore, studying in their home country.
Immigration New Zealand interviewed the applicant and employer on 15 December 2020. Residence was granted shortly after.
The applicant held a work to residence – long-term skills shortage list visa as well as worked for an accredited employer. They chose the Skilled Migrant Category pathway as they had adult children and there was an urgency for the resident visa to be granted sooner.
Timeline of Events
- Expression of Interest lodged – 19 February 2020
- Invitation to Apply received – 20 February 2020
- COVID-19 LOCKDOWN – no processing
- Invitation to Apply extension granted – 5 June 2020
- Documents submitted – 14 September 2020 [delays due to covid-19 and documentation delays from home country].
- Additional Documentation submitted as well as remuneration increase – 09 November 2020
- Escalation to Immigration New Zealand – priority processing – 17 November 2020. [We assisted the client in making a case to their employer to increase the remuneration.]
- Priority processing accepted by Immigration New Zealand – 18 November 2020
- Case officer assigned – 20 November 2020
- Additional Documentation submitted as per request from Immigration New Zealand – 25 November 2020
- Interview with applicant and employer – 15 December 2020
- Residence granted – 20 January 2021
We can be contacted on email@example.com or telephone +64 0274214153