There are two announcements from Immigration New Zealand today.
- Temporary visa suspensions for overseas applicants
The current suspension of overseas applications for most temporary visas has been extended until February 2021.
The following offshore temporary entry class visa applications are not affected:
- relationship-based visas for partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens and residents
- visas for diplomatic, consular and official staff and accompanying dependants
- Antarctic Traveller Visitor visas and Antarctic Work visas
- Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) Limited visas.
This measure was introduced on 10 August to prevent applications from those ineligible to enter the country due to current border restrictions.
The suspension is reviewed by the Government every month.
2. Job search services for skilled migrants
Immigration New Zealand has extended its newcomer skills matching and job search services to skilled migrants who have lost their jobs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Skills matching services usually focus on new skilled migrants and their partners with residence visas. Those services are now available for people on:
- work to residence visas who have lost a job and need an equivalent to help maintain their pathway to residence.
See link for Agencies.